A Moisturizer is a magical product which works wonders on the skin. Unlike other cosmetics which make the skin to appear beautiful from outside and dull from inside, moisturizers help the skin to become beautiful from within as well. They help to elevate the water content in the skin so as to keep it hydrated. Due to the rejuvenating abilities of a moisturizer for skin, it is imperative that everyone buys a moisturizer and use it generously.
- 1 Types of Moisturizers
- 2 Guide to Choose a Right Moisturizer for your Skin
- 3 Top 10 Best Moisturizers Reviews
- 3.1 Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre Nourishing Moisturizer
- 3.2 Tracie Martyn Face and Body Resculpting Cream
- 3.3 Purpose Dual Treatment SPF 10 Moisture Lotion
- 3.4 Philosophy Hope in a Jar Daily Moisturizer
- 3.5 Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins?
- 3.6 Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture
- 3.7 Clinique Moisture Surge Intense
- 3.8 CeraVe Moisturizing Facial Lotion
- 3.9 Retinol Surge Moisturizer
- 3.10 Anti Aging Retinol Moisturizer Cream
- 4 Final Verdict
Moisturizing plays a pivotal role in the protection of the skin. Due to various factors, the skin tends to become damaged and dry and requires moisturization for mending. Lack of moisture makes the skin susceptible to wrinkles and fine lines. The moisturizer does an exceptional job of forming a protective layer of moisture on the skin and boosting the hydration in the skin. Regular application of moisturizer helps to eliminate dullness of skin and also eradicates flaking. It also miraculously helps to ward off premature aging and wrinkles.
Types of Moisturizers
To suit every person’s skin needs, moisturizers are available in different categories. There are readily available moisturizers to protect the various skin types such as moisturizers for dry skin, oily skin, normal skin, acne-prone skin, sensitive skin, combination skin, etc. Moisturizers can also be categorized based on the textures in which they are available like gel, cream, lotion, and ointment. Based on their functions, moisturizers can further be differentiated as Regular moisturizers, Tinted moisturizers, Moisturizers with SPF, and Night-time moisturizers.
Guide to Choose a Right Moisturizer for your Skin
All moisturizers are not the same and similarly, the requirement of each skin type is not the same either. Grabbing up any moisturizer randomly and thinking that it will serve the purpose for the skin will be unwise. A huge number of factors are to be considered to ensure that the best moisturizer is chosen to provide a perfect skin.
Aspects to Consider while Choosing Moisturizer
A moisturizer is bound to produce effective results depending on the ingredients. An efficacious moisturizer will comprise one or more of the best-in-class moisturizing ingredients such as cocoa butter, shear butter, silicones, petrolatum, mineral oils, and plant oils. It also has particles like ceramide which stop the water from leaving the skin and humectants like glycerine, sorbitol etc. to draw water to the skin.
Antioxidants such as vitamins A, C, and E, odobenine, grapeseed oil, coffee berry and green tea extract are among the significant contents of a moisturizer that contribute towards preventing skin damage. It should be seen that moisturizers are endowed with soothing agents like licorice root, chamomile extract, burdock root, aloe vera, bisabolol, glycyrrhetinic acid etc in order to make the skin soft and supple.
Another extraordinary content of the best moisturizers is the presence of alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) like citric acid, lactic acid, and glycolic acid and beta hydroxy acids (BHAs) such as salicylic acid. These particles offer to erase the dead skin cells and clear the pores so as to give a smooth skin.
Not just the ingredients of the moisturizer but the packaging also matters in providing desired results. Moisturizers that are available in opaque packaging are considerably better options to choose because such products will not have high exposure to air or sunlight and therefore will be devoid of deterioration.
Picking the Perfect Moisturizer as per your Skin Type
The primary target of any moisturizer is to remain benign to the skin and make it soft and salubrious. Apart from this function, moisturizer is to be selected based on the suitability to the skin conditions. Different skin types have distinct requirements from a moisturizer and hence certain factors are to be kept in mind when picking the best moisturizer according to a person’s skin.
Dry Skin: People with dry skin, experience itchy, flaky, tight skin combined with fine lines and wrinkles. Such people should opt for moisturizing creams because they are heavier in texture and have higher oil, water content. The presence of humectants and emollients in moisturizer helps to eradicate extreme dryness and restore hydration.
Oily Skin: People with oily skin tend to think that moisturizers are not required but that would be incorrect because even an oily skin requires hydration. People with this skin type have a sheen on the skin and large pores and hence should look for an oil-free, water-based moisturizer preferably a gel with a mattifying effect, non-comedogenic, lightweight formula and low levels of emulsifiers.
Sensitive/ Acne Prone Skin: Moisturizer for acne-prone skin is highly beneficial, peoples with sensitive skin who are often prone to acne and skin irritations should refrain from choosing moisturizers with irritants, fragrances or dyes and go for a gentle and hypoallergenic moisturizer which is oil-based.
Normal Skin: In a normal skin type, there is no sheen or flaking but there is an even skin tone. People with this kind of skin should choose a water based moisturizer with ceramides.
Combination Skin: Combination skin is a condition whereby there is a presence of both dryness and oiliness. Moisturizers in the form of lotions are ideal for this skin type and they should comprise of more water than oil.
Additional Features to look upon in Moisturizers
Along with the requirements of the skin type, there are additional features which can be looked upon in a moisturizer. Nighttime moisturizers are rich in texture and contribute to the overnight treatment of skin from damage and dryness. Tinted moisturizers bring the best of both worlds by not just providing excellent moisturization but also offering an even skin tone with sheer foundation ingredients and thus erase the need for any other makeup products. Nowadays, most of the moisturizers are coupled with sunscreen abilities and hence it is advisable to opt for a moisturizer with an SPF rating of 30 or more, containing Titanium dioxide, avobenzone, zinc oxide etc. with a strong protection against UVA and UVB rays.
Using the best moisturizer is one such element of skin care which is essential and highly propitious and luckily it is not an expensive procedure. Now is the time to consider all the salient moisturization requirements of the skin, buy the best moisturizer and indulge in a punctual application of moisturizer to reinvigorate your skin.
Top 10 Best Moisturizers Reviews
Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre Nourishing Moisturizer
Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre Nourishing Moisturizer is a versatile lotion which is formulated in a way that it can be used as a primer, moisturizer and make-up remover. This product reduces irritation and itching after shaving because of the cleansing and emulsifying contents in it. This cream can be used for all skin types.
- 3 way use- primer, moisturizer, makeup remover.
- Can be used for all skin types.
- Acts as an after-shave also.
- Cleansing agents add to the value of the product.
Tracie Martyn Face and Body Resculpting Cream
Tracie Martyn Face and Body Resculpting Cream is a New York based product which promises to provide the customers with a sensory experience which is not only relaxing but also pleasant. The youthful experience which the customers get helps them get a sculpted and beautiful skin.
- Contains organic rose water which acts as an astringent.
- Vitamin C reenergizes the skin and helps it glow.
- Other contents include jojoba seed oil, green tea extract, and black currant lipids.
- Helps to restore skin’s elasticity.
- Used for aromatherapy also.
Purpose Dual Treatment SPF 10 Moisture Lotion
Purpose Dual Moisture Lotion is an affordable and one of the best moisturizing lotions in the market. The light formula of this product helps in making the skin glow, and also it has SPF and UV protection features.
- Provides SPF 10 protection.
- UVA and UVB protection is also provided.
- The skin is kept soft and hydrated on applying this lotion.
- Comes in a handy packaging.
Philosophy Hope in a Jar Daily Moisturizer
Philosophy hope in a jar contains many active ingredients, providing rosy glow to the skin and helps in retaining moisture as well. This cream can be used by people of all skin types and has antiseptic qualities, also acting as an astringent and an anti-stress serum.
- This cream has lavender oil extracts which make it an antiseptic.
- Ingredients of this cream are chemical based.
- Stearates are contained which make the product non-vegan in nature.
- Price varies on the amount being bought as it comes in various sizes.
Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins?
Origins high potency night-a-mins mineral enriched renewal cream is one which has its main focus on reducing the dullness on the skin and providing a lighter skin tone, a brighter one. Dead layers are removed by the formula used in this product and its aroma is also pleasant.
- Pleasant aroma helps the customers get a good relaxation and feel.
- Packaging is sturdy and tight with a safety lid.
- Renewal and rejuvenation of skin is provided on applying this cream.
- Texture is soft and grease-free.
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture
This cream comes in a simple bottle with a pump which requires to be used in a small quantity only. This is an oil-free moisturizer and has no greasy finish when applied. This is an fragrance-free product made using natural ingredients.
- This cream is hypoallergenic.
- This should be used after cleansing as it acts as a toner.
- Results are obtained in about 20 seconds.
Clinique Moisture Surge Intense
Clinique moisture surge intense is a gel-based cream which is oil-free and has long lasting effects, till about 24 hours after applying it. Moisture of the skin is retained and also, the skin is protected against pollution.
- Packaging is in a double glass jar bottle.
- Price is a bit high, as per the advantages of the product.
- Helps in treating acne also.
CeraVe Moisturizing Facial Lotion
You got choose the best product available in the market in order to maintain your body as well as enrich your beauty. When it comes to beauty-boosting moisturizers, CeraVe moisturizer is the most popular and widely used brand. The product provides protection against harmful UV rays from the Sun and at the same time keeps your skin smooth and hydrated. CeraVe moisturizer gets deep into the skin and forms a protective layer over the skin’s layer to prevent moisture loss. It is a daily use product that is guaranteed to satisfy its user from the very first use.
- Provides excellent protection against harmful UV rays from the Sun and it is SPF 30 enabled. Not only that, CeraVe facial lotion also does the work of a moisturizer, thereby a complete value for money beauty product. Absolutely no regret after buying one!
- Apart from removing additional dirt from your face and replenishing your inner beauty, the lotion goes deep into the skin and keeps it hydrated for a long duration of time. To maintain skin’s natural moisture, this product contains hyaluronic acid.
- While the product is ideal for normal to dry skin type, anyone with any skin type can use it provided with no prior allergy to chemicals present in the lotion.
- CeraVe moisturizer is made up of safe chemicals like purified water, glycerin, hyaluronic acid, other suitable quantities of alcohol and other safe chemicals.
- CeraVe is a treat to your skin and the results are visible from the very first day of its use.
Retinol Surge Moisturizer
Retinol is an organic extract derived from either plants or animals. With scientific development, now get the power of fighting with signs of aging effortlessly with retinol surge moisturizer. All retinol moisturizers promise to remove wrinkles and smoothen your aging skin almost instantly and most of them are proven to be right. The most famous and widely used retinol moisturizers in the market are Body Merry, Kleem and Radha. The most desirable trait in any moisturizer apart from its effective functionality is that it ought to be non-sticky or oil-free just like retinol surge moisturizer.
- The best selling retinol surge moisturizer promise longer duration of hydration while it removes wrinkles on your aging face while keeping intact its texture and elasticity.
- Pampering your aging skin with retinol surge moisturizer will definitely be beneficial for it contains organic extracts along with essential mineral oils that cause no damage to your aging skin. Retinol can be a plant or an animal extract and amount of percentage present in it determine its effective functionality.
- Keeping your skin young requires a lot of efforts. Using retinol surge moisturizer will lessen that effort and at the same time gifting you with a beauty tool that you can regularly pamper your aging skin and look as young as ever before. An even toned texture that this moisturizing cream provides does enough magic to win others’ attention.
- Moisturizer can be applied both before sleep in the night as well as in the morning. For best results, it is best advised to use moisturizers after any serums or other beauty creams.
Anti Aging Retinol Moisturizer Cream
The most desirable trait in a beauty product apart from its effective functionality is that of its property of being non-sticky or oil-free when applied. Well, some brands like Olay are hands down the best in the market and as you apply this luxurious moisturizer, it softens the fine aging lines and wrinkles and at the same time leaves your skin hydrated as well as oil-free for a longer duration of time.
- Get amazing quick results from the first day of its usage. It magically disappears all the fine aging lines and softens wrinkles on your face. The moisturizer not only works on the exterior of your delicate skin but also penetrates deep into your skin, thereby lifting and improving its texture as well as elasticity.
- Get ready to pamper your aging skin with this anti-aging moisturizer cream because of its organic and rich origin. Most of the products are mainly made from essential mineral oils, special plant extracts and important vitamins that help to enrich your skin. With no chemicals or less added to the product, the anti-aging moisturizer cream is guaranteed to give an organic feel and flavor to your delicate skin.
- Why depend on someone else when you can now take good care of your own skin? With a special anti-aging moisturizing cream as your beauty tool, you can regularly pamper your aging skin and look as young as ever before. An even toned texture that this moisturizing cream provides does enough magic to win others’ attention.
There are several beauty products in the market, each one claiming to the best over others. It is left to the wise and informed choice by the customers to choose the best brand and its product. The anti-aging moisturizing creams come in different specifications and almost all the products are suitable for all the skin types but extra care is to be taken in case you have a prior allergy towards a specific type of substance.