Most of us have been befriended by acne. It comes in various forms and sizes. Summer is an able ally of acne when it comes to causing skin irritation and itchiness. The irritation is caused with the pores getting choked with dirt, sweat, and sebum. Out of 10 people at-least 6 will be able to relate to this thing for sure. Ripping a moisturizer that doesn’t have oil, has water based product in its ingredients ought to do the trick. Whatever kind of acne it is we all seek a common solution- how to restrict it?
A fundamental point to be kept in mind is that the very moisturizer that you use on your body isn’t meant for your face. It will end up doing more harm than good. Avoid any moisturizer that contains clogging elements such as mineral oil or even petroleum for that matter. Any lotion having alcohol must be kept away with it to avoid skin inflammation. Moisturizing the skin is a very common process to prevent sebum from getting choked in the pores. The trick lies in finding a moisturizer which is in tune with the nature of your skin and doesn’t cause damage.
Through this article, we will try to understand how to select the best moisturizer for acne prone skin.
- 1 Buyer’s Guide
- 2 Best Moisturizers for Acne – Top Picks By Experts
- 2.1 1. Lavo Daily Moisturizer Cream
- 2.2 2. Era Organics 10-in-1 Facial Moisturizer
- 2.3 3. Aria Starr Beauty Natural Dead Sea Mud Mask
- 2.4 4. Concept Skin Oil-Free Moisturizer
- 2.5 5. InstaNatural Acne Moisturizer
- 2.6 6. Bee Naturals Oil-Free Moisturizer
- 2.7 7. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture
- 2.8 8. Claror S2 Oil Control Lotion
- 2.9 9. Let’s Face It Anti-Aging Moisturizer
- 2.10 10. New York Biology Night Cream
It is not that easy to zone out on a particular moisturizer that serves as a panacea against acne, due to different types of skin people have, some common features that can help you find the best moisturizer for your acne prone skin are listed below.
- Ingredients- Carefully go through the ingredients of a moisturizer and select one that is free from oil and is non-acnegenic. The former prevents the greased feeling on the skin, while the latter doesn’t lead to clogging of pores and causing breakouts.
- Manufacturer- This has to do with which company is producing the moisturizer. The product of a reputable company can be banked upon to deliver.
- Extra- Protection from Sun- The better protection you offer your skin from the harmful sun rays the younger it looks. Choose a moisturizer that offers sunscreen protection. This requires so amount of research but most of the companies are offering acne moisturizers that offer sunscreen protection along with beautiful smell and non-stickiness.
- Selection depending upon the type of skin- Get to know your skin type and purchase a moisturizer that suits your skin. Each person has a varying immune system for their skin, the moisturizer which worked for your friend might not necessarily work for you as well. Hypoallergenic moisturizers are prepared keeping in mind about the sensitive skin type, a light oil free moisturizer is best suited for oily skin. Having a moisturizer that is richer in oil content is apt for dry skin.
- Track record- The consumer must be judicious in his/ her selection and do a research on which product yields the desired result and has the maximum % of success. Based on these parameters he or she should make their purchase.
- Expert’s Opinion– Never hesitate to consult a dermatologist when in doubt. An expert’s opinion will prove to be very valuable since he/ she can give you a detailed analysis regarding what ails your skin and the things one should avoid.
Who Should Buy This?
- Youngsters stepping out of their teens and on the threshold of adulthood as acne starts appearing when a person is 16 to 17 or older.
- Professionals involved in the television industry be it news reporter, news anchor, actress, actor.
- Persons tired of skin irritation caused due to acne.
- Individuals suffering from low self-esteem because of facial blemishes caused due to acne.
It must also be kept in mind that rather than the price it’s the result that matters, hence a relatively cheaper moisturizer may be more efficient than a comparatively expensive one.
|Lavo Daily Moisturizer Cream||5/5|
|Era Organics 10-in-1 Facial Moisturizer||4/5|
|Aria Starr Beauty Natural Dead Sea Mud Mask||5/5|
|Concept Skin Oil-Free Moisturizer||4/5|
|InstaNatural Acne Moisturizer||4/5|
Best Moisturizers for Acne – Top Picks By Experts
1. Lavo Daily Moisturizer Cream
The first moisturizer on the list is the Daily Moisturizer Cream by Lavo. The product has been described as the best cream for oily and sensitive skin types. It has been made with Rosemary and Ginseng extracts to aid in refining and toning your pores. You would be completely satisfied upon purchasing this cream as you would notice significant results in a matter of days.
- Lavo’s Daily Moisturizer Cream is highly effective consists of hyaluronic acid. This acid is a strong moisturizer and helps trap moisture over the skin.
- The product has been made with Hazelnut, Wheat Germ, oil extracted from Avocados and Safflower to absorb the moisture and not let it escape.
2. Era Organics 10-in-1 Facial Moisturizer
Second on the list of best moisturizers for acne is the 10-in-1 Facial Moisturizer by Era Organics. The item has been endorsed by numerous customers as being an efficient and useful cream. The moisturizer is described as being all natural and drastically improves acne-prone skin.
- The cream has been formulated with the most effective Aloe Vera on Earth which makes it a very powerful moisturizer.
- It is made with numerous food-grade organic nutrients and ingredients such as coconut oil and butter, blue-green algae, hemp seed oil, etc., which provide excellent moisturizing qualities for your skin.
3. Aria Starr Beauty Natural Dead Sea Mud Mask
The Aria Starr Beauty Dead Sea Mud Mask is the third cream on the list. This cream helps in fighting with blackheads and acne adequately and has been made with several beneficial ingredients. Results from using the product are noticeable within a week as customers have reported reduction in acne and oily skin.
- The cream consists of powerful Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil that help reduce, tone, and tighten pores, along with making the skin look naturally young.
- It helps increase blood circulation in your skin that leads to tighter looking and healthier skin.
4. Concept Skin Oil-Free Moisturizer
Concept Skin Oil-Free Moisturizer is fourth on the list of best moisturizers for acne. This moisturizer cream is an amazing choice for those who suffer from acne/oil problems. It has been made in the USA and has been described by customers as providing excellent oil control.
- The cream combines Salicylic Acid with natural nutrients to help control the production of oil and clear any skin flaws due to acne.
- The moisturizer is lightweight and has been made with an efficient formula that aids in maintaining silky-smooth and shine-free skin.
5. InstaNatural Acne Moisturizer
The InstaNatural Acne Moisturizer is the fifth cream on the list. It is different from other products of its type as it primarily works on acne-ridden skin. It has many benefits and has been formulated with powerful ingredients which makes it an exceptional choice.
- The cream has been enhanced with 0.5% Salicylic Acid which helps maintain tight and healthy-looking skin.
- The product has been specially formulated to quickly treat breakouts and further prevent any future breakouts.
6. Bee Naturals Oil-Free Moisturizer
The sixth item on the list is the Bee Naturals Oil-Free Moisturizer. The product is 100% natural and can do wonders to your oily or sensitive skin. This cream comes in a category of non-comedogenic moisturizers and it has a wide range of features which make it a very suitable option for those who need it.
- The cream is 100% oil-free and consists of Feverfew extracts that help to reduce the inflammation caused due to acne.
- The product provides important hydration to skin of all complexions and effectively softens the skin in quick time as it contains skin-friendly ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, watercress, lemon, lavender, etc.
7. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture is the seventh cream on the list of best acne moisturizers. This cream shows significant results in a matter of days as it helps in hydrating the dry patches on your skin while controlling shine due to oils.
- The cream is ideal for daily exposure from the sun as it consists of moisture broad spectrum SPF 35, which helps prevent any signs of premature aging.
- The product is lightweight and water based and thus, its great for sensitive skin as it doesn’t cause irritation to the skin.
8. Claror S2 Oil Control Lotion
The Claror S2 Oil Control Lotion is the eighth item on the list. The cream not only hydrates the skin but also helps to tackle any harmful bacteria as well. The product contains natural green tea and Aloe Vera that enhances the skin and makes it appear more youthful.
- The cream consists of Prevent Helia which promotes cell repair, Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide which regulate the production of Sebum in your skin.
- It has a scientifically proven formula that gets to work fast and offers protection from UVA, UVB and broad spectrum sun light.
9. Let’s Face It Anti-Aging Moisturizer
Ninth on the list is the Let’s Fact It Anti-Aging Moisturizer. This cream has been created by veteran company Let’s Face It Skin Essentials, who have over 20 years of experience in the industry. This moisturizer is a testament to the company’s excellence as it has been made with the most effective ingredients, each of which is FDA approved.
- It contains Tocopheryl Acetate, which helps to entrap moisture, soften and hydrate the skin, which is of great importance.
- The cream consists of Green Tea Extracts, which itself contains a high percentage of antioxidants, that aid in reducing inflammation and puffiness of skin under the eyes.
10. New York Biology Night Cream
The New York Biology Night Cream is the final item on this list. Unlike the other products, this cream works better when applied before sleeping. It revitalizes and refreshes your skin overnight to give you a better-looking skin in the morning when you wake up.
- The cream is enriched with Retinol and other very effective nutrients including Chronocyclin, Adaptonyl, CococinTM, and Echinacea Stem Cells, which rids the skin of fine lines and wrinkles.
- The cream works while you sleep and along with preventing skin breakouts, it also helps to restore skin tissue damaged by UV rays.
The benefits of using a moisturizer to restrict acne are numerous. However, one must keep in mind that an acne moisturizer is not an elixir that will make the skin look younger. Having proper healthy food, living in a clean environment as well as maintain a proper rest schedule are also major contributors.